Monday, April 18, 2011

Brides Against Breast Cancer

While preparing my latest blog (I'll post it this weekend) I began researching charities that would be willing to take a wedding dress. Possibly two dresses. Most likely three.

I came across a charity that sells wedding dresses and uses the proceeds to fulfill a dream or wish held by breast cancer patients and their families.

I very much like this idea, because the fun stuff is what life is made of. 

After my wedding all three of my dresses will be sent off to Brides Against Breast Cancer, so that I can reclaim my closet and someone else can have their wish granted. 

I'm sure you have a very lovely wedding dress that is neatly packaged in a box on the top shelf of your closet. Instead of holding on to that dress for the next 25 years in hopes that your one-day daughter will wear it (probably not), why not make someone else's dream come true today? Those warm fuzzies will make you feel lovely.


If you'd like to donate your wedding dress, please visit their website:


Brides Against Breast Cancer


Mission Statement

“To provide an opportunity for metastatic breast cancer patients’ dream or wish to be fulfilled by providing a special time of 'Making Memories' together with their families, a chance that might not have become a reality without the assistance of the Making Memories Breast Cancer Foundation."
"To advance the awareness of breast cancer and to educate the public about the vast resources and support available to breast cancer patients and their families."


No comments:

Post a Comment